Summer is a season that pushes us to take extra care of our bodies. Apart from draining our energy, the scorching heat of the summers brings a multitude of skin problems like pimples, dryness, dirt, and impurities alike. Enter: a coconut oil moisturiser. Coconut oil is loaded with anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties that protect your skin. Moisturise your skin with the goodness of this Ayurvedic ingredient that is also known as an ‘elixir’ that hydrates the skin.
Summer Cooling with Coconut Oil
Virgin coconut oil included in your summer regimen is a miracle move. A purified, unrefined version of your regular coconut oil, it is the extract instead of a processed one. It is extracted out of raw coconut meat that is grated and dried at low temperature through a single cold pressed method. This increases its nutritional value and benefits. Here are a few of these benefits:
- Rich in fatty acids, it reduces cholesterol levels and keeps your heart healthy.
- It is easy to digest and boosts your metabolism, aiding in weight loss by burning excess fat from your body.
- The anti-inflammatory properties reduce bacterial and other skin infections.
- The Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) in this oil turn into ketones and support memory functions and cognitive development.
- It secretes insulin which keeps your diabetes in control.
Make your skin glow from the inside out with the best body lotion for summers could ask for – virgin coconut oil!
How to Moisturise with Coconut Oil this Summer
Are you ready for the summer selfies with a glow-up with coconuts? Get started with getting yourself a pure, natural, and toxin-free coconut oil. It is easy to get overwhelmed in a market that offers you an array of options. Among them, choosing virgin coconut oil which is extracted from freshly harvested coconut farms in India is the way to go. Try the 100% vegan, organic, food-grade, Made Safe certified and 100% Natural Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil from Coco Soul to experience the goodness of Ayurveda.
It could be just what your body needs. Read on to know the benefits of this versatile tropical oil and how you can use it as a moisturiser this summer season.
- Full body moisturiser: Exfoliation of your skin is essential this time of the year and a body scrub with coconut oil is your best bet. Mix the coconut oil with some sugar for the removal of dead skin cells, allowing your skin to embrace a beautifully eye-catching tan this summer.
- Deep hair conditioner: Dryness taking over your luscious locks can make them brittle and damage your hair. Coconut oil comes to rescue, giving it the moisture it needs! Apply it overnight for maximum effect.
- No more frizzy hair: Sweat, heat, humidity are all words that give us hair anxiety – keep them away and your hair in control with warm coconut oil. Gently run a tiny dab of it through your hair with your fingers.
- Face moisturising lotion: Hello hydration with coconut oil! Ancient Ayurveda calls it the ‘elixir’ of hydration because it replenishes the skin’s natural oils, while building your immune system. Get your face glowing!
- Face wash and makeup remover: Get a tropical treatment like no other with the anti-bacterial and all-natural coconut oil! Restoring your skin’s moisture while removing your makeup in the summer makes it the perfect two-in-one.
- For the eyes, teeth, lips, nails: Soothe and moisturise the skin around your eyes and the cuticles on your fingers. Adding a drop of coconut oil to your toothpaste can whiten your teeth and those dry lips are taken care of with just a dab of the hydrating coconut oil.
- Sunscreen and sunburns: Before you step out this summer, this natural SPF (of four) is a fantastic antioxidant. If your skin is troubled with burns and redness, the oil restores the moisture and prevents peeling of the skin.
- Soothing summer skin: Look no further for that therapeutic relaxation your body is craving. A little at-home spa with a mixture of coconut and lavender oil is what can do the trick. If you’re looking to unwind from a long summer day, a detox bath with coconut oil, Epsom salts and warm water are perfect.
- Night cream and massage oil: Moisturising your face with coconut oil overnight can work wonders. If you have acne-prone or oily skin, mix it with your night cream instead. The oil also doubles up as a fragrant massage oil.
- Coco smoothie bowl: Fan of acai bowls and smoothies? This is a powerful ingredient you can add to the mix. It brings in exceptional nutrients to your standard smoothie and adds a tropical flavour too.
Frizzy hair? Coconut oil. Dry skin? Coconut oil. White teeth? Coconut oil. Massage oil? Coconut oil. Moisturiser? Coconut oil. The list never ends! Give your life a coco boost to experience the magic.