Which are the best Neck Pain relief stretches & exercises?
Neck pain is one of the most common types of pain that working people face in their daily life. It is estimated that 20% to 70% of adults find it hard to perform their daily life activities because of neck pain. The intensity of pain can be too high and intolerable. The probable neck pain causes can be weakness or a sudden unusual movement. Your neck muscles can become stiff but all these can be controlled with neck pain relief stretches and exercises. Therefore, here, we will tell you how to get rid of neck pain easily.
Neck Side Bend and Rotation
Neck side bend and rotation is an effective neck pain treatment to get quick relief. Do they follow to perform neck side bend and rotation,
- Bring yourself into a standing or sitting position by facing forward and tilt your neck in the right direction so that stretch will be felt from neck to trapezius muscle.
- For 10 seconds, move your head in a counter clockwise direction. Wait for 10 seconds when it extends to the left shoulder.
- Keep performing the rotation and come back at the same position. Do the same in a clockwise direction.
- Repeat this to two-three times.
Forward and Backward Tilt
Forward and backward tilt will make neck muscles stronger and flexible. It can be performed while seating on your feet. Move gradually to relieve pain in the neck muscles.
- You can start the forward and backward tilt by moving your head squarely over the shoulders while keeping the back straight.
- Bring your chin lower to the chest and stay in the same position for 15-30 seconds. Relax and lift your head.
- Tilt the chin looking upward in such a way that skull touches the back. Hold down for 10 seconds and come back to the starting position.
- Repeat the same several times.
Side Tilt can be one when you are standing. If you don’t know how to cure neck pain, side tilt is a great remedy to try.
- Keeping the feet width apart and arms in the sides, tilt your head in the direction of your right shoulder. Make sure that it touches the ear. Stop while feeling the stretch but do not lift your shoulder.
- As it stretches, keeping holding for 5-10 seconds and come back in the starting position.
- Do the same on the side. You can repeat this 10 times. If you want to stretch more, but the hand on the tilted head side and lightly press it.
Side rotation is quite easy to do whenever you are in a seated or standing position.
- Keeping the back straight, put your head squarely over your shoulders.
- Move your head in the right direction slowly. You will feel a stretch in the side of your neck and shoulder.
- Hold for 14-30 seconds and again turn the head in the forward direction.
- Do the same on your left side now for as long as you can do 10 sets.
Chair rotation is great for your upper, mid, and lower back. To get rid of neck pain, you can perform this in breaks during work.
- Site on the chair in a sideways position so that your right part of the body will be resting against your chair.
- Keeping the leg on rest, move the torso to right, bringing your hands to the back of the chair.
- Hold the upper part utilizing arms and stretch as far as possible. Hold for 10 seconds, repeat the same for thrice on each side.
The above neck pain exercises are best to get rid of the pain. For permanent relief from acute neck pain and temporary relief from chronic pain, you can choose Moov gel or spray.